Saturday, August 02, 2008

Tag---x---- Made

Thanks Swati for wasting 10 min of my already wasted life :):D:)

These are the rules:

1. Link the person(s) who tagged you.
2. Mention the rules on your blog.
3. Answer all the questions asked below!
4. Tag 5 bloggers by linking them.
5. Leave a comment on each of the tagged blogger’s blogs letting them know they’ve been tagged.

Before I start I'm going to break rule 4 + 5 :)

8 things I am most passionate about:
1.
Music I can't work without music, study without music is a joke. I would have failed all my courses if youtube crashed :)

2 Math If you are weak in Math you are generally weak in everything else- thats what my prof used to say in school. It has always given me strength I can be lost Multivariate Calculus or Non Linear equations forever. I just love it!!

3.
Friends I just love all my friends, I think I spend more time with my friends than with my family. I don't know if I can describe myself completely without them being mentioned.

4.
Family A dad who inspired me to work hard (can never efficiently work like him), a mom who gave her everything to turn two naughty mischievous kids into successful gentlemen-her lemon mango rice can inspire me to do anything..i mean anything, a bro who taught me to pray..he gives me confidence and I look up to him for help whenever (which is everyday :)) I fall into troubles. Lastly my cute Bhabi, finally one family member who can beat me in my own game (she is extremely smart-should I say text book smart ;))

5.
Movies Can watch a movie which has 1/2 a star rating on a ten star scale without any regrets. Can never get enough out of movies. In engineering I made 9 guys miss their internals (college internal exam) to see a movie

6.
My crazy Ideas I once showed a friend of mine how the roads have evolved, evolved mathematically. Evolution happens for a mathematical cause, everything in my world is better described in equations.

7. My
Research If you are not in research you have missed out a lot in life..trust me!!.

8.
Teaching This has not yet happened, but I will someday give back all the things I've learnt and help students who find engineering to be difficult. I will !!!

8 things I wanna do before I die:

1. See a Manchester United match in Old Trafford.

2.
Get lost in Ireland of course with a 12 pack Guiness :). Ideally this would be my honeymoon location

3. Teach Math and help at least a poor student get his basic schooling and college.


4. See a center court Wimbledon match.
s
5.
Go to red rocks/lollapalooza for a concert

6.
Persuade my band to take practice secessions more seriously, I'm sure that we will unite back for some music :)

7.Amsterdam trip all alone

8. Give a RADO pair to Mom/Dad

8 things I say often:

1.
Yappa

2.
Shut up!! (I have my own may of saying it-or thats what they say )

3. Loafer

4. Akkans :)

5.
Like DUH!!

6. Macha

7.
Mathematically..this and that

8. I hope you die..hahaha


8 books I last read:

1.Direct Methanol Fuel Cells- A Novel Approach, its implications on portable electronics- Nikesh Dhar- my thesis

2. Earth: The Sequel

3. History of God

4. Fluid Mechanics- Piyush Kundu Ira Cohen

5. Principles of Ideal Aerodynamics- Karamchetti (Love this book)

6. Advanced Mathematical Methods for Scientists and
Engineers- Asymptotic Methods and Perturbation Theory- Bender

7. Accelerated Life Testing -Wayne Nelson

8.
My DC comics..i just love my comics

8 songs I listen to over and over again:

1. Wasting Love- Iron Maiden

2. Fade to black- the first song we played on stage as a band

3. Comfortably Numb- Floyd

4.Yellow- Coldplay

5. Through her eyes- Dream Theater

6. Ever the same- Rob Thomas

7. Under The Bridge- RHCP

8. Shimmer-Fuel

I now tag Mr Vinay and if you are a girl and if you think you are hot you are tagged as well :)

4 comments:

Wandering Minstrel said...

wow!! there's somebody into metal..but thats mid-school metal..what abt old school and the obscure bands?? like melissa n meliah rage?? tee hee..sorry if i've stepped the line but the very genre gives me an urge to tell ppl more abt them :P
and maths eh?? i can just say math n classical physics used to be my fav subject back in school..nothing into extremes or research kinda thing..just basic :)

PS: don't ask any questions!! i clearly mentioned..back in school!! :D :P

niki said...

@swati- Dream Theater= mid school metal..u've got some nerve...its just a phase you will soon revert back to old bands the bands you grew up listening to..

if old school= Sabbath, AC/DC, Led Zep then yes I do listen to a lot of old school

obscure bands= avaenged seven fold, slipknot,mudvayne..short list :)

Wandering Minstrel said...

yeah..i don't listen to DT much n hence overlooked it..and slipknot n avenged are NOT obscure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

niki said...

@swati-obscure is a relative term ;)

yes start listenin to DT and enjoy their odd time signatures sign off permanently on your mind...also listen to Liquid Tension Experiment..its DT minus vocals :)

btw I listen to a lot of RUSH phew dont know how it skipped my mind :)